Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sit At Your Own Risk!

Sit At Your Own Risk!






Several major studies have proven that sitting hour after hour is as big a risk to your health as smoking – especially for cancer and cardiovascular disease, our top killers.

And the most amazing part is that it doesn’t matter whether you exercise regularly or not! If you sit for long periods of time, the damage occurs, even if you’re an exercise maniac!

Just a few hours of sitting also turns off the “power” to the skeletal muscles, (we operate on something just like electricity), and creates inflammation – one of the biggest contributors most diseases, and the aging process

There is a solution, and it is astonishingly simple. Get up and walk around every half hour for just 1–5 minutes! According to the National Institute of Health, that improves your glucose metabolism, keeps your skeletal muscles switched on, and lowers the risk of diabetes, cancer, and cardio-vascular disease. 

To start doing this myself, I set the timer on my phone. At first I could not believe how fast it went off, and how irritating it was to stop what I was doing.  However, it got easier as I reminded myself of the benefits – and the consequences if I didn’t do it! And it only takes 3 weeks to form a new habit – so give it a try!

For more tips on taking a stand against the aging process, go to my FB page Staying Young At Age: Simple Tips and Secrets



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment