Saturday, April 30, 2016

Daydreaming Keeps You Young!


I think daydreaming keeps you young. Photos like this transport me to other places, and give me the feeling that I am almost there. 

I don't just see a cafe in Croatia. My imagination takes flight, and I conjure up what it would be like to visit there, or even live there. I picture myself sitting there, having a cup of tea, (or wine) looking down at the boats below - or maybe being in one of those boats. 

I feel the sun on my back, and the wind on my face. I think about the hotel room I might stay in – something simple, near the heart of things – somewhere local people might stay on a weekend of a holiday.

I imagine the people I might meet. English is spoken almost everywhere, so that wouldn’t be a problem, and when you’re a woman travelling alone, it’s easy to start conversations with the people around you. I think about the food, the music, the little stores, the historical sites, and then I imagine other places nearby that I might visit, like Greece or Italy. 

All in all, these thoughts might only take a few minutes, but they are like a little vacation, and they inspire me to keep a sense of adventure and curiosity in my life, for that is a big part of what I think keeps us youthful, full of energy, enthusiasm and loving life.

And the best part? Daydreaming like this often causes me to take action, and before I know it, I’m planning a trip or on my way to a new country or city. And I plan to keep doing that until I’m well into my 90’s, or even beyond. And THAT thought helps me to keep doing all the things that will keep me healthy, strong, and full of the energy it takes to continue living life to the very hilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment